A metal building is a metal structure fabricated with metal for the internal support and for exterior cladding, as opposed to metal framed buildings which generally use other materials for floors, walls, and external envelope. Metal buildings are used for a variety of purposes including storage, work spaces and living accommodation. They are classified into specific types depending on how they are used.
Metal buildings first gained popularity in the early 20th century. Their use became more widespread during World War II and significantly expanded after the war when metal became more available. Metal buildings have been widely accepted, in part due to cost efficiency. The range of application has expanded with improved materials, products and design capabilities with the availability of computer aided design software.
Advantages of using a metal building
Metal provides several advantages over other building materials, such as wood:
- Metal is structurally sound and manufactured to strict specifications and tolerances.
- Any excess material is 100% recyclable.
- Metal does not easily warp, buckle, twist or bend, and is therefore easy to modify and offers design flexibility. Steel is also easy to install.
- Metal is cost effective and rarely fluctuates in price.
- Metal allows for improved quality of construction and less maintenance, while offering improved safety and resistance.[clarification needed]
- With the propagation of mould and mildew in residential buildings, using metal minimizes these infestations. Mould needs moist, porous material to grow. Steel studs do not have those problems.
Our metal building can be and have generally been used for:
- Engineering workshops.
- Automotive workshops.
- Commercial buildings.
- Industrial buildings.
We can build you metal building to your custom design, if you have an idea we can assist in turning your metal building dream into a reality. Call us today for affordable metal building solutions.
Call Us Today For More Information